Sunday, January 22, 2006

Lights and Blue teeth

Managed to get round to fittings Siân's Christmas present this weekend only to find that when I took the light out the box, some of the grub screws were missing. A trip to B&Q should solve that I thought, but - can you believe it - the light is now half price! 20 minutes of queuing for the returns cashier and I was prepared to argue the point. Smile nicely and hope that the only thing she cares about is getting to the end of her shift without have to face down any more rude customers. This seemed to the case because, aside from a half hearted attempt to offer me vouchers, she refunded it in full. Grabbed a new one off the shelf, got home, made a cautionary call to Alec to confirm that I was not about to set fire to the house by getting the switched live mixed with the neutral, and bingo!

What you have here is the newly installed light as seen by my new phone. Blue tooth is a marvellous thing if a little temperamental. Still, it does offer some interesting new opportunities. Not least being able to take pictures freely and post them like this!

No comments: