Hironori Akutagawa is my new hero. Follow his day-to-day life through the exploits of his rabbit, Oolong. Although the rabbit died in 2003, Oolong's legacy lives on through his owner's website.
Alternate English version here
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Friday, June 16, 2006
The First American Roller Coaster appeared in Coney Island 122 years ago today. Gone are the days when fair-goers had to hoist their own cars in order to make the return journey. Even familiar chain lift mechanisms have given way to hydraulic launch and frictionless brake systems: Kingda Ka at Six Flags stands head and shoulders above most.
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
- Bunnies have a memory span of three seconds!
- Antarctica is the only continent without bunnies.
- A thimbleful of bunnies would weigh over 100 million tons.
- Moles are able to tunnel through 300 feet of bunnies in a day.
- While performing her duties as queen, Cleopatra sometimes dressed up as bunnies!
- Bunnies are 984 feet tall.
- Bunnies have often been found swimming miles from shore in the Indian Ocean.
- The Australian billygoat plum contains a hundred times more Vitamin C than bunnies!
- 99 percent of the pumpkins sold in the US end up as bunnies!
- Twenty-eight percent of Microsoft's employees are bunnies.