Sunday, July 02, 2006

They're Red Hot

Gone are the days when I crowd surfed at 'The Institute' (1992) whilst Flea belted out "Nobody weird like me", but the Chilis did manage to blow away my headache which had dogged me all day long.

The support band, !!! [pronounced 'chk-chk-chk'], were impressive however 'Dirty Pretty Things' failed to inspire. I found the RHCP set list surprising with only one track from BSSM featuring as an encore and obvious crowd pleasers like "Readymade" and "Especially in Michigan" (from the new album) noticeable only by their absence.

Overall they gave a good performance, however I feel that their passion for their music never quite works with these large scale shows and that if you want to Taste the Pain you need to get up close and personal with these guys.

No comments: